Sunday, April 12, 2009

1:48.34

Yesterday I ran my first half marathon.  Which completely rocked because 1. It was a beautiful spring day (if a little bit nippy), 2. My parents and friends trucked out all along the course to support me, 3. I felt great (or as great as running 13.1 miles in and hour and forty-eight minutes can feel), 4. Megan ran it too.  

I always wanted to run but could never figure out how to do it without killing myself.  It's been a thorn in my side since I was 15 and found out I had been running on two stress fractures for months (Oh THAT'S what that throbbing pain my shins was...) And I think I'm finally learning.  Patience and work and a Liam-like holistic approach to my health.  Which is actually more of a testament to what some people refer to as....

Maturing? 

Or something like that.  Regardless.  I am sore as shit today.  And it feels great.


1 comment:

kate said...

You and Megan were awesome!!! It is really and truly inspiring..... inspiring to work towards a bit less than 13.1 miles, though, for most of us!!
When's your next race???