Friday, March 13, 2009

Back to the future.

A list of reasons why my week in LA was everything I needed:

1.  Three time zones, a six hour flight and the entire midwest.
2.  Dry sunshine that warmed my cheeks.
3.  Counting palm trees.
4.  Experiencing the wonder of self-serve frozen yogurt.
5.  Early-morning, car-ride, and late-night conversations with Christine
6.  A city that looked nothing like anything I've ever seen.
7.  Glasses of wine on cool nights.
8. Getting slipped a phone number without trying.
9.  A happy, afternoon buzz in the hills of the central coast.
10. All sorts of crazy that was Kristina Pika Allen.
11. Driving along a coast that wasn't my coast and watching an ocean that wasn't my ocean.
12. Being swept up in aesthetic.
13. Seeing through new eyes.
14. The colors of Santa Barbara.
15. Sunglasses, sun dresses and sunshine.

No comments: