Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wine-O

Chris and I spent the day driving up the coast yesterday into Santa Barbara and eventually settling the little town of Los Olivos to do some wine tasting.  It was absolutely beautiful, the drive took us through mountain passes with the Pacific on one side and steep cliff faces on the other.  Los Olivios itself as just a few stretches of road lined with little shops and littered with wine tasting rooms in the middle of endless vineyards.

I've decided I really love wine.  I was already well aware of this fact but my experience yesterday just solidified it even more for me.  I want to develop my palate so I can really taste all of the complexities in a really good class of wine.  How do you develop your palate without becoming a snob?  That will be a new goal of mine.  Wine expertise, minus the snobbery.  Because lets face it, I am in no financial position to be a snob. 

Yesterday was just one of those days though.  Idyllic and long and tiring.  The day that I'll point to on this trip that stands out from the others.  It was a good day.

No comments: