Monday, March 30, 2009

Neglect. Consider it done.

I am ending my neglectful run right now.  I'm starting to get into that mode where everything is happening so fast and furiously and I'm constantly grasping at it all as it flies by that I'm forgetting to stop for a fucking second and take it all in.  So that is what I will attempt to do.

I saw Jon Stewart on Saturday night.  Yes. It was packed and there was a line snaking around the gym.  Yes. It was expensive as hell, the direct result of him charging a ridiculous amount of money.  And YES.  It was JON STEWART.  Mainstream.  Predictable.  Blah blah blah.  He was HILARIOUS.  Hilarious.  Lewd and political and preachy and comfortable and brilliant and a riot.  He kept a couple thousand people laughing for almost two hours.  As we all baked in the heat of our collective bodies boiling in the barely ventilated Patrick Gym.  

I fell in love a little bit with the man.  But really, who isn't in love with him at least a little bit?  

No comments: